Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to Sierra Vista Junior High School! It is our mission to help every student feel welcomed, connected, and a part of the Matador family. Our talented and energetic team of teachers and staff members are committed to providing the best educational experience possible for your child.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our
students need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility
for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily for 30 minutes to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
Our goal is to be in constant communication to ensure the success of your child. Please remember to visit our school website on a regular basis for the latest school information and upcoming events. We look forward to partnering with you to provide our students with a rigorous, engaging, and high-quality junior high school experience.
Please feel free to stop in, or call to discuss any concerns, suggestions, or ideas to help make this the best year yet! Our telephone number is (626) 962-1300.