Vision Statement for Dual Language:
Graduate students to be academically successful, bilingual, bi-literate, and culturally diverse.
Mission Statement for Dual Language:
Implement a high quality Dual Language Program that emphasizes academic achievement in English and Spanish.
- Native English speakers and native Spanish speakers who complete this program from kindergarten through eighth grade will possess strong literacy skills in Spanish and English.
- Students will have a strong academic proficiency in the core academic content areas.
- Students will be prepared to enter advanced levels of Spanish language classes at the high school level.
- Students will gain understanding and appreciation for other cultures.
- Better prepared to meet an ever-changing global society
- Increased parent engagment
- Help prepare students in AP Spanish in high school
- Dual Language Recognition Seal on diploma
Dual Language Activities:
- Students will attend educational field-trips.
- Students will participate in various fundraising activities to support various extracurricular activities.
- Students will participate in a Dual Language End of the Year Ceremony.
Subject Area Instruction:
Spanish Language Arts (Elective)
English Language Arts
DL students are expected to:
- succeed in all rigorous curriculum
- maintain a 2.5 GPA, equivalent of a C average in all school subjects
- participate in all fundraisers and extracurricular activities