Mrs. Flores - 6th Grade Math & Science Sierra Vista Middle School
Teacher availability: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 7:00-8:30 am or 2:45-3:20
- Be Respectful: Respect yourself, your peers, adults, and the school.
- Be Responsible: Arrive to class on time, prepared and ready to learn.
- Make smart decisions: Strive to make decisions that lead to success.
Failure to follow classroom and school rules will have the following consequences:
1st occurrence: warning/intervention
2nd occurrence: intervention
3rd occurrence: intervention/parent notification
4th occurrence: referral to school administration
***After school detention slips must be signed by a parent/guardian and returned to school the next school day. Failure to return the signed detention slip will result in a subsequent after school detention until it is returned, and a phone call will be made to your home.
Daily attendance is very important. Students should be in class and on time every day. Students who are frequently absent will miss a lot of core material and learning opportunities essential to their success in 6th-grade math and science.
Chromebook (charged 100%), Pencil, highlighter, crayons, agenda, and textbook.
All students are expected to be honest and to produce original work. Failure to produce original work (cheating and/or plagiarizing) will result in a zero for the assignment.
Complete all assignments on time to receive full credit. Late assignments will be marked down. DO NOT WAIT until the end of the grading period and try to make up missing assignments! There will be a cut off 1 week prior to the end of each grading period for late.
Math Topics Covered This Year
- Ratios, Rates, Percentages
- Operations with Decimals, Fractions, and Whole Numbers
- Writing Expressions and Solve Equations
- Geometry and Measurements
Science Topics Covered This Year
- Cells & Body Systems
- Reproduction of Plants and Organisms
- Kinetic Energy & Collisions
- Heat & Heat Flow
Earth and Space
- Water Cycle, Weather, Climate
- Human Impact on the Environment