Attendance 7th & 8th Grades
- Dial (626) 962-1300 and follow the prompts to attendance. Leave a detailed message as to why your child is not or has not come to school. Include the date(s) missed, student first and last name, student ID number and be as clear as possible to avoid any errors.
Call the school directly. When prompted enter in extension 87582 for Lorraine Fernandez.
- You may also, email Mrs. Fernandez at llfernan[email protected] and attached doctor notes to excuse your child.
- Use Synergy ParentVue portal. Medical notes and or legal documents may be attached.
- If you know your child will be absent for more than 3 days due to a personal unexcused reason, an "Parent-Guardian Attendance Acknowledgement" form will need to be completed and turned in to the front office. (See below)
Parent-Guardian Attendance Acknowledgement Notification Form
(1) Due to the pupil’s illness.
(2) Due to quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer.
(3) For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometrical, or chiropractic services rendered.
(4) For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of the pupil’s immediate family, so long as the absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California.
(5) Due to the illness or medical appointment during school hours of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
(6) For justifiable personal reasons, including, but not limited to, an appearance in court, attendance at a funeral service, observance of a holiday or ceremony of the pupil’s religion, attendance at religious retreats, attendance at an employment conference, or attendance at an educational conference on the legislative or judicial process offered by a nonprofit organization when the pupil’s absence is requested in writing by the parent or guardian and approved by the principal or a designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.
(7) For the purpose of spending time with a member of the pupil’s immediate family, who is an active duty member of the uniformed services, as defined in Section 49701, and has been called to duty for, is on leave from, or has immediately returned from, deployment to a combat zone or combat support position. Absences granted pursuant to this paragraph shall be granted for a period of time to be determined at the discretion of the superintendent of the school district.
(8) For the purpose of attending the pupil’s naturalization ceremony to become a United States citizen.
(b) A pupil absent from school under this section shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence that can be reasonably provided and, upon satisfactory completion within a reasonable period of time, shall be given full credit therefor. The teacher of the class from which a pupil is absent shall determine which tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to, the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence.
(c) For purposes of this section, attendance at religious retreats shall not exceed four days per semester.
The Baldwin Park Unified School District Board Policy BP 5113, Administrative Regulation AR 5113 enforces the California Department of Education compulsory education law. It requires everyone between the ages of six and eighteen years of age to attend school. Parents/guardians are required to send their children to school regularly for the full length of the scheduled school day and year. Family vacations are recommended to be taken during non-school days. Extended vacations taken while school is in session are considered to be Personnel Unexcused Absences. Our School Attendance Review Team (SART) monitors all unexcused and excessive excused absences. Personal unexcused, 30+ minutes of tardiness, truancy and excessive excused absences are calculated from the start of the students enrollment date. The School Attendance Review Board (SARB) is held at the district office. This panel consist of
Reasons other than excused absences, will be considered as a personal unexcused absence. Accumulating three or more unexcused absences will trigger a letter of warning mailed to your home address. This includes 10 excessive excused absences (AR5113). Six unexcused absences will cause a 2nd letter of warning and a SART referral to meet with the Assistant Principal. Nine unexcused absences will trigger a 3rd letter of warning. Ten or more unexcused absences will result in a referral to our School Attendance Review Board (SARB) at the district office.